Great use of technology from the Lightning. During their Stanley Cup run they held watch parties with the game displayed on the video board. In addition they showed this projection on the ice tracking the players and puck in real time.
These watch parties have become a staple for fans and finding ways to enhance the experience is as valuable here as a home game, and another chance to build and entertain your fan base.
More from the Tampa Bay Lighting:
- Zambabi in Tampa – Tampa Bay has the biggest Zamboni spectacle with the smallest Zamboni ride.
- 8 Bit Art for the Playoffs in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay decorates in 8-bit for big playoff game.
- Recap: Building on Success with John Franzone – John Franzone from the Stanley Cup discusses building your show when your team is winning, Pre-game Pumps, watching the game like a fan and owning the exclusive right to play Thunderstuck.
- John Franzone – VP Tampa Lightning – Interview with Tampa Bay Lightning’s John Franzone. John talks about staying on brand with your show, cowbells and much more.
- November 2013 Podcast – John Franzone from the Tampa Bay Lightning joins Jon Cudo for long-overdue Hockey special. John explains the focus behind the Lighting’s excellent game production as well as reviewing promotions from around the country.
Tampa Bay used motion tracking tech to project Game 5 onto the ice at their watch party 😅
— B/R Open Ice (@BR_OpenIce) June 25, 2022
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.