Great use of technology from the Lightning. During their Stanley Cup run they held watch parties with the game displayed on the video board. In addition they showed this projection on the ice tracking the players and puck in real time.
These watch parties have become a staple for fans and finding ways to enhance the experience is as valuable here as a home game, and another chance to build and entertain your fan base.
More from the Tampa Bay Lighting:
- Zambabi in Tampa – Tampa Bay has the biggest Zamboni spectacle with the smallest Zamboni ride.
- 8 Bit Art for the Playoffs in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay decorates in 8-bit for big playoff game.
- Recap: Building on Success with John Franzone – John Franzone from the Stanley Cup discusses building your show when your team is winning, Pre-game Pumps, watching the game like a fan and owning the exclusive right to play Thunderstuck.
- John Franzone – VP Tampa Lightning – Interview with Tampa Bay Lightning’s John Franzone. John talks about staying on brand with your show, cowbells and much more.
- November 2013 Podcast – John Franzone from the Tampa Bay Lightning joins Jon Cudo for long-overdue Hockey special. John explains the focus behind the Lighting’s excellent game production as well as reviewing promotions from around the country.
Tampa Bay used motion tracking tech to project Game 5 onto the ice at their watch party 😅
(via @CorkGaines) pic.twitter.com/wSvMyszM4m
— B/R Open Ice (@BR_OpenIce) June 25, 2022