The Brooklyn Cyclones have taken Seinfeld Night and made it a staple of their promo schedule. This is year 5 of their exhaustive connection to the iconic show. Fans of the show are eager to see what they dig up each year and its become a signature for the team.
The list gets long, but here is some of what they have been up to, finding a lot of something in a show about nothing. Check this list of fun they devised for Seinfeld 4 (last year) and the team is promising this year is bigger and better!
- Seinfeld 4 – Jackie Chiles Appearance. Phil Morris, who famously played the role of Kramer’s lawyer, will be at the ballpark signing autographs and posing for photos.
- First 2,000 fans in attendance will receive a No Soup for You Bobblehead featuring the Soup Nazi.
- Larry Thomas will be at the ballpark signing autographs
- Elaine Dancing Competition: Contestants will compete for the famous Big Salad Belt in this post-game tradition.
- King Edward the VIII Cake Contest: Contestants won’t have to pay the $29,000 price tag like Peterman, but they can still scarf down this historical dessert.
- Ovaltine Flip Cup: The mug is round.. The jar is round…why don’t they call it roundtine? Two teams of three will have to sip their Ovaltine, and then flip their cup. It’s Gold!
- Hey, It’s Bodysuit Man: Contestants will race from foul like to foul line dressed like…yep you guessed it…body suit man.
- Bubble Boy Race: Two competitors will race around the bases inside a bubble…no Moops will be injured in the making of this race.
- She Had Man Hands: Contestants will be given items to break – twigs, crab legs, steel – using nothing but their brute strength.
- Sundae FunDay: Just like George at the U.S. Open, contestants will have to eat an ice cream Sundae without a napkin (or the use of their hands).
- VILE WEED!!: In honor of Newman’s “favorite” veggy, contestants will have to chow down on some broccolli (without spitting it out like Newman).
In the new Party in the Back Podcast host Jon Cudo and guest Chris Grosse talk about the Promotion 360, which is a form devised by Chris to help ensure your promotional theme is an all-encompassing effort. They use the Seinfeld theme for the example and find more ways to connect themes to every part of a game experience. Check out the Party in the Back Podcast Just 2019 Edition for more.
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Rob Wicall, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. November calls feature Mega-Promotions with Todd Overton from Fugu, Home Field Advantage with Jackie Maldonado and Andrew Johnson from the Houston Texans and a Roundtable where our members will workshop their own ideas with the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.