The Stampede see your Bark in the Park and raise you a Racer on a Glacier. The team’s popular wiener dog race was back this weekend for year 15 and the even continues to gain steam.
The Wiener Dogs are ready to race!
The Stampede officially change their name to the Sioux Falls Fighting Wiener Dogs for this game as the popular Dachshund races fill the first intermissions. The players wear 15th anniversary Fighting Wiener Dog jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game, with proceeds benefitting Dakota Dachshund Rescue.
- ALL fans in the lower level will receive commemorative Wiener Dog Rally Towel.
- Pre-Game Wiener dog parade on PREMIER Center ice
- Forty dachshunds take to the ice, but only one will be crowned champion.
- Two races will take place during the first intermission and a championship race during the second intermission.
- Dachshund costume contest between intermissions.
If you're looking for something to do this weekend, we've got you covered! Our 15th annual Wiener Dog Races are this Saturday, and we're back on home ice on Sunday with a post-game skate afterward! You can purchase tickets here: https://t.co/id7qR3ttqO pic.twitter.com/sqkkSZ1QsD
— Sioux Falls Stampede (@sfstampede) February 18, 2022