This month on Party in the Back we party with one of the longest tenured people in sports. Timberwolves VP Jeff Munneke started with the NBA expansion team in June of 1988. His current role as VP of Fan Experience puts him in a unique position to listen and learn from his fanbase and help drive the franchise in direction to best serve Timberwolves fans.
Last month Rob Wicall wrote and discussed extending your show to everyone (like ushers and security) and few focus on this better than the Timberwolves and Jeff Munneke.
Jeff shares insight from his 35 year journey that started in the stone ages before cell phones and emails and now includes data points telling him what time fans enter and exit the parking garage. Along the way he has build a team of full-time and game night staff who understand the importance of every interaction fans have in their “driveway to driveway” experience of a Wolves/Lynx game.
Munn shares stories on the growth of the franchise, its core values and innovative ideas like their new Random Acts of Kindness Team. This crew will be working Wolves games looking for ways to make lasting memories for fans by adding creative and thoughtful experiences.
Plus Jeff shares some of his favorite Wolves giveaways and explains his #OldSchool game preview lineups. We wrap after Munn tries his hand at a game of REAL or FAKE.
Then we party with crowd igniter Cameron Hughes. Cameron and Cudo discuss the value of listening the crowd, including Ushers and Security into your show, the viral message on the Brewer Scoreboard, the mental state of Mark, Live Racing and creative energy in Buffalo and more.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: In August we Party with Matthew Kaminski, who Sports Illustrated called “an expert troll” on social media. Matthew shares his experience as the Atlanta Braves Organist. Plus Rob Wicall talks about the first installment of his new series Impact Moments.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Executives Chris Cameron and Geoff Iacuessa from the Portland Sea Dogs and Peterborough Petes’ Burton Lee join the Party in the Back to talk cornfields, whoopie pies and more.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: The Arena Author Rafi Kohan discusses his new book in the inner working of sports on the September 2017 Podcast.
- November 2016 Podcast – Pat Walker returns and reviews a steakhouse’s costly game promotions in Michigan, Rob Wicall connects a great mascot and their social media work, and Scott Carter looks at how game directors build a successful program. Then Cameron Hughes and Kronke Sports Executive Director Steve Johnston talk about building entertainment teams and getting the most out of halftime acts.
- Recap: Totally Bananas Creativity – Zack Frongillo is a classically trained dancer who is helping the Savannah Bananas break the internet. We recap our Huddle Call with Zach and look at their totally Bananas take on creativity.
- Rod Carew on Twitter
- Jeff Munneke on Twitter
- Jeff Munneke on Instagram
- Reggie Bars Throwback Edition – A $.25 giveaway can provide a life-long memory, just ask Jon and Scott. A trip down memory lane at a Minnesota Twins game.
- Brewers Strike Gold with Scoreboard Message – Mark may have been destroyed, but he leaves a huge creative opportunity for the rest of us.
- Bison Are Finishing Strong – The Bison are long on ideas, building on success and they are keeping things fresh at the end of a long season. And their fans are winning because of it.
- The Show extends to EVERYONE – A new series from Rob Wicall provides his insights and philosophy for your best show. HIs first installment looks at extending the show to your entire staff.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)