This month on Party in the Back we Party with two veteran front office executives from the Portland Sea Dogs, Chris Cameron and Geoff Iacuessa. While the MLB was the darling of the August media cycle for their Field of Dreams game we talk with Chris and Geoff about their Field of Dreams production that dates back to 1997. We also discuss the raging feud with the Reading Fightins’ over who makes the best Whoopie Pies and if you “Have a Catch” or ‘Play Catch”.
Then Burton Lee from the Peterborough Petes OHL team joins the Party in the Back. Burton drops insight on the Pete’s Showtime program for it’s staff, their pandemic Thursday Night Live content and the excitement to get back to playing hockey. Great conversation from behind the scenes of one of hockey’s more innovative franchises.
Thursday Night Live Series Finale rebroadcast https://t.co/NTsMlV51IO— Peterborough Petes (@PetesOHLhockey) August 27, 2021
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Ben Hill and Cameron Hughes join the Party in the Back to talk about ballpark haircuts, Scout Nights, Barbershop Quartets, Ballpark Characters, Mullets and much more.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Andrew Isaacson from The Famous Group joins the party. He talks about their new virtual fan solution Thunderdome created for WWE and how the pandemic pushed them to build a better virtual fan solution. Plus Rob Wicall on evolving mascot costumes, bubbles and a look at the best Water Cooler Moments in August.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Cameron Hughes and Benjamin Hill highlight the September Podcast. Cameron joins live from the US Open and Benjamin Hill talks about his MILB West Coast Road Trip.
- MLB – Field of Dreams Game
- Mystics and Sea Dog Leading with Promos – Sea Dogs and Mystics lead the way and encourage fans to get vaccinated.
- Sea Dog Field of Dreams – Every year about this time the Sea Dogs emerge through the corn stalks and right into fan’s hearts.
- The Amazing Baseball Adventure by Josh Pahigian – Author Josh Pahigian looks at 101 Ballpark Wonders which is a great game operations and entertainment primer to find ways to make the most of your stadium and its people.
- Author Josh Pahigian – Our interview with Author Josh Pahigian. Josh’s book “The Amazing Baseball Adventure, Ballpark Wonders from the Bushes to the Show” covers 101 of the best game features in Minor League Baseball. We talk about his incredible insights from across baseball in this must read interview.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. May calls feature Josh Sabo from the NBA Cavs/MLB Guardians discussing how to maximize your music bumper library and Jonny Greco from the Seattle Kraken looking at the 5 ‘E’s of an Experience. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.