A lot going down in Hudson Valley last night and the team made have just created star with this literal wild goose chase.
Started here, with crack real-time reporting from MILB’s Stephanie Sheehan:
A goose found its way onto the field at Heritage Financial Park, evading both players and groundskeepers alike in a brief appearance that raised goosebumps among those on the field and in attendance. No word on whether it was looking for fowl territory.
When the bird nonchalantly walked across the outfield grass, Renegades right fielder Aldenis Sanchez showed absolutely no fear, immediately charging at it at full speed with his arms flapping. But not intimidated by the Yankees prospect, the goose glided away and continued its stroll.
This has got to be why the phrase “wild goose chase” exists.
After Sanchez’s unsuccessful attempt to spook the bird off the field, a quartet of Hudson Valley groundkeepers jogged into the outfield and started to run after the water fowl, at first to no avail. This goose seemed to dodge the crew like a running back, darting through legs and using its wings to pick up some extra speed. (milb.com)
THE GOOSE IS LOOSE!!! 🤣🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/EhtSSdiG18
— Hudson Valley Renegades (@HVRenegades) May 18, 2023
Now the fun begins as this team often-heralded for their creativity jumped in the deep end with some fun.
Sheehan’s reporting continued: “Even the Renegades broadcasters got in on the fun, chiming in with, “This is a brand-new, unofficial game — find the goose!” and “Staff … staff … goose” as four men failed to pin down the goose despite a concerted effort that included clapping their hands and surrounding the bird.”
And now this morning the team comically announced the whole was a stunt by the goose for a new single on Soundcloud (complete with the track posted).
As the viral goose runs wild on the internet will be watching for more fun from the Renegades. Love how they seized the moment and turned it into a promotional golden egg overnight.
I will see myself out.
It turns out the Goose from last night is a Soundcloud rapper, and running on the field last night was a PR Stunt for his Newest Single! 🎤
Heart of a Goose, by Lil Hudson Valley Goose
Listen now! 👇🎧https://t.co/0bRH02TNtL pic.twitter.com/cQO51D3CYt
— Hudson Valley Renegades (@HVRenegades) May 19, 2023
More from the Hudson Valley Renegades:
- Get Your Oven Mitts and Free Water Here! – We look at oven mitts, terra cotta planters and even free water in a Friday Giveaway feature.
- Best of 2022 – The Best of 2022 Awards. Innovation, variety and creativity shine in this year’s look at the Best in Game Operations and Entertainment.
- Wordsmith Appreciation Day – Fancy words and a fancy pen to write them down with from the Renegades.
- November 2022 Party in the Back Podcast – A special edition of the podcast with guest Jon Long from the Newfoundland Growlers. Jon talks about the tragic loss of mascot performer Chris Abbott who passed away after over 27 years performing at Buddy the Puffin. We discuss how the team and community is moving forward in the wake of the loss. Plus Ben Hill on the year in Minor League Baseball.
- BATTING HELMET GIVEAWAY! – A batting helmet and a history lesson? Sign me up.
Plus proof that GOOSE always work for fun:
- Gritty Gritty GOOSE – Gritty plays an impromptu game of Duck Duck Goose in the crowd with a delightful ending.
- Duck Duck Goose, A Promotion for Me – On occasion a promotion totally speaks to you. I was the perfect audience for this Saint Paul Saints promotion.
- Duck Duck Gray Duck – We continue to obsess over this locally-flavored promotion in Saint Paul and the Saints continue to make it fun. Plus some Bic Pics.