Hockey teams with Pink the Rink and the NFL’s Wear Pink Initiative aren’t only ones supporting breast health in sports. Baseball teams like the Cubs are getting into the game.
The Dayton Dragon hit the high points with their recent Breast Health Night.
- All Dragons players, coaches, front office and game day staff will be wearing pink sweatbands during the game.
- The team passed out pink rally towels.
- Kettering Breast Evaluation Centers will also have a booth on the plaza.
- The American Cancer Society will have information on the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk which is being held at Fifth Third Field in October.
- Breast cancer survivor Kim Zeckser will throw out the ceremonial first pitch to her son Zachary, who will be catching for her.
Let's paint the park pink! Fans can bid on these game-worn jerseys with all proceeds to benefit @SusanGKomen.
— Iowa Cubs (@IowaCubs) August 22, 2018
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. January calls feature Cameron Hughes and guests from #TagBoard on the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.