Another great Deaf Awareness Night is coming, this time from the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Celebrity involvement, Custom Jerseys, Curtis Pride, and fireworks.
- Sign language interpreters will be interjected into the Pelicans’ gameday experience
- Team will present a silent inning.
- Jason Hurdich, an RID certified deaf interpreter, will perform the National Anthem.
- Game is part of an Ultimate Kids Sunday with free inflatables, a pregame on-field catch, face painting, balloon artists.
- Former MLB player Curtis Pride, who is deaf, will host a free youth baseball clinic for members of the deaf community.
- Intro to American Sign Language (ASL) class.
- Pelicans will wear specially-designed jerseys that replace the traditional Pelicans script with American Sign Language. Some of the team-signed jerseys will be auctioned off, with the proceeds benefitting the deaf community.