Having a celebrity in the crowd is always a gift. Even B-list celebrities can make your game seem like a happening the same way Jack Nicholson makes Laker games feel.
A simple camera shot and graphic welcoming them to the game can pop any crowd.
Finding a clever (and agreeable) use of a celebrity takes things up a notch even more. Here the Tigers found a way to use The Office actor Brian Baumgartner in an epic contest to name the most Office characters.
@cbssportsHe really is a legend for this 🤣 #theoffice #theofficetiktok #foryoupage #kevin #fyp #xyzbca #foryou♬ original sound – CBS Sports
Here are some more celebrity uses from around sports:
- Hanukkah Night Celebrity – Knicks tap famous player for promotional night video.
- Using Local Celebrities – NFL player goes home to drop that puck in Wichita.
- More Fun than a Pillow Fight – Three hockey teams toss it back to the 90’s in style and things get kinda radical in a hurry, including a visit by Snoop Dog.
- I Got Kids BRO! – Everyone is a winner when the WWE Superstars invade baseball teams… except Raymond.
- Presidential Kiss Cam – President’s Day Water Cooler Moment from the Atlanta Hawks.
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Rob Wicall, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. November calls feature Mega-Promotions with Todd Overton from Fugu, Home Field Advantage with Jackie Maldonado and Andrew Johnson from the Houston Texans and a Roundtable where our members will workshop their own ideas with the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.