This month on Party in the Back we Party with Preston Ward and Jason Atkins, better known as Greazy Keyz.
Preston Ward is a triple threat including a Licensed UAV Pilot, Licensed Attorney and Licensed Pyrotechnician. His team at Sky Element created the Star Wars Drone show for the Oakland A’s (featured recently at the Gameops.com Water Cooler) in addition to recent shows in Las Vegas and Texas. Preston shares insight on drones show and how the technology can be used for entertainment and storytelling.
The Government knows him as Jason Atkins, but Charlotte sports fans know him as Greazy Keyz. This in-game musician and organist has been entertaining fans at Charlotte Checker and Kannapolis Cannon Baller games, as well as the Charlotte music scene for years. We check in with Greazy Keys on the difference between performing in hockey and baseball and the value of being Greazy. We also discuss Minneapolis Super Band Greazy Meal.
Cudo also talks about the 2021 Best of Nominations and gives an incredibly shameless plug for Gameops.com Plus.
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Executives Chris Cameron and Geoff Iacuessa from the Portland Sea Dogs and Peterborough Petes’ Burton Lee join the Party in the Back to talk cornfields, whoopie pies and more.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Ben Hill from MILB.com talks about the year we missed in sports promotions, the outlook for 2021 and cannibalism. Plus Cameron Hughes.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Diary of a Mall Santa Author Stewart Scott joins the podcast to talk about his book and how it relates to building a mascot program and mascot performance.
- Best of Gameops.com and Nominations – Since 2001 the Best of Gameops.com Awards have been presented for excellence in game operations and entertainment. Read the background and make new nominations here
- Drone Wars in Oakland – Oakland A’s fly in a post-game spectacular with Star Wars Drone Show.
- September 2018 Podcast – Charlotte Checkers VP Paul Branecky talk about their 2018-19 promo calendar. Rob Wicall joins to look at the cost of upsetting Millennials and the value in mascot playoff beards.
- Cannon Balls are Flying in Kannapolis – MILB team is being renamed to the Cannonballs for 2020.
- Sky Element on YoutTube
- Sky Element Website
- Sky Element on Facebook
- Sky Element on TikTok
- Sky Element on IG
- Greazy Keyz on IG
- Canes County on Greazy Keyz
- Ben Hill Story on Greazy Keyz
- QC Nerve story on Greazy Keyz
- Greazy Meal
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. December calls feature Zoltan Berensci from the World-Famous Harlem Globetrotters and mascot prop call with Jeph Harris and more on the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.