This month we offer a special edition of the podcast with guest Jon Long. Jon is the Director of Game Presentation for the Newfoundland Growlers. In January 2022 the Growlers mascot performer Chris Abbott passed away after over 27 years performing at Buddy the Puffin. In the wake of his death the team, community and staff has had to grieve and process the loss, while trying to find a path forward.
The ability to put a smile on the face of a 6 year old or a 60 year old was what got him out of bed every morning.
Jon shares his memories of “Abbo”, the impact of Buddy and how the team has move forward after the loss.
One more story from Abbo.#ForABBO | #BuddyThePuffin pic.twitter.com/OkVBANq405— Newfoundland Growlers (@NLGrowlers) February 3, 2022
Plus Ben Hill talks about the highlights of 2022 in Minor League Baseball leading into the Best of 2022 Awards on Gameops.com. We look at some possible award nominees and how to nominate your favorites this year.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: The October Party in the Back rages with guest Rob Wicall and Jonny Greco. We look at being accountable for your own position in Live Events, evaluation techniques and a creating culture to grown and improve.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Wreaths Across America’s Sean Sullivan helps us find the right tone for Military Appreciation night and Rob Wicall joins the Party to look discuss Kraken, Tacos and Wicked Big things.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: ESPN’s Kevin Arnovitz and Cameron Hughes highlight the November Edition of the Gameops.com Podcast.
- Christopher “Abbo” Walter Abbott | 1970 – 2022 | Obituary
- ROBERT: NEWFOUNDLAND GROWLERS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BUDDY THE PUFFIN
- Death of man behind Buddy the Puffin mascot leaves N.L. fans, families ‘heartbroken’
- Condolences Pour In for Christopher “Abbo” Abbott, Known as Buddy the Puffin
- Join Gameops.com Plus – Gameops.com Plus is our network to enhance fan value and spark your creative game ops mind. Join now with our one month free trial.
- CONTACT – Link to contact us if you would like an invitation to one of the November Huddles (including Mascot Appearances with Solomon and Cudo)
Great gesture from the @ReadingRoyals before the game 💜 #ForABBO | #RANTnROAR pic.twitter.com/MXLAth9mEm— Newfoundland Growlers (@NLGrowlers) February 20, 2022
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.