Big night in Dallas with a multi-tiered effort from the Stars to celebrate Noche Mexicana and pay tribute “to the vibrant Mexican-American culture that is part of the rich diversity in the Lone Star State.”
- The dance team worked with a local dance school to learn La Negra, a traditional Jalisco Folklórico dance.
- The first 5,000 fans will receive a Lucha Libre Mask
- The ceremonial puck drop will feature Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle Isaac Alarcón a Monterrey, Mexico native. Alarcón has spent the last two seasons with the Cowboys and began his tenure with the team through the NFL’s International Pathway Program.”
- Monica Saldivar and Mexico 2000 Ballet Folklorico performed on the outdoor Plaza
- Plus custom Dallas Stars quesadillas from Tortas Insurgente.
- Pre-game Warm Up Jerseys with Mexican Flag-theme (auctioned off in-game)
If you missed their spectacular NSA Spy Cam feature, check it out here: Spy Cam in Dallas
Cheer on los técnicos this Wednesday!
The first 5,000 fans to Noche Mexicana Wednesday will get their own Lucha Libre mask as we take on los rudos.
🎟: https://t.co/WNq2z2so1p#TexasHockey #SomosStars pic.twitter.com/wZTfgEYNwU
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) February 26, 2022
In honor of Noche Mexicana, the @StarsIceGirls worked with the Mexico 2000 Folklórico Dance School to learn La Negra, a traditional Jalisco Folklórico dance to perform last night. 💃#SomosStars 🇲🇽💫 pic.twitter.com/fxH4zDEdOF
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 3, 2022
Que hermosa 😍#SomosStars pic.twitter.com/azBr8PPqHv
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 2, 2022