All week we are looking at Media Day across sports to see how teams are creating player-personality content to connect and engage fans.
The Ducks of Anaheim got crafty and asked players to draw the logo. Results varied, but players all had their chance to showcase their personality and skills (or lack there of).
The results are a fun showcase of the players that can be used all season long on the video board, and of course on social media.
Keys to success are a playful presentation, short punchy edit and a focus on sharing a behind the scenes view of their favorite stars in different settings. The added value of players having hidden skills is always a fun reveal, as is uncovering how these talented players may have some limitations off the ice.
Media Week Continues tomorrow as we see what’s cooking in Detroit.
Media Day Week-in-Review Highlights
- Media Day Cuts in Buffalo – The Sabres start our week-long look at how teams are using Media Day to build content for their in-game presentation.
- Media Day Artistic Ducks – Ducks draw their own logo while Anaheim builds a fun in-game video.
- Media Day Simmers in Detroit – Soup’s on in Detroit as the Red Wings build player personalities.
- Media Day Gets Tricky in Philly – The Philadelphia athletes couldn’t resist beating the odds in this Cup Challenge.
- Media Day Puts Devil in a Pickle – You’ll never listen to a Press Conference the same again thanks to the NJ Devils.