This month’s Party in the Back Podcast features a conversation about the Calhoun Shot, an industry-altering event 30 years ago in Chicago. Todd Overton from Fugu Prize Indemnity joins to talk about the shot that changed the industry and its quirky backstory.
Don Calhoun made a three-quarter court shot for $1 million on April 13, 1983 in Chicago❗️h/t @espn♬ original sound – Gemint
Overton looks at its effects, lessons we can and the important question of whether or not our Host is eligible for the contest. Plus Todd plays Real or Fake.
Then Canadian National Treasure and touring act Cameron Hughes joins the party. Cameron and Cudo talk about FOUR ways your can improve your creative efforts by looking at other ideas. It is the impetus for our Giveaway Page and the Water Cooler, which adds a huge library of ideas from around sports to inspire your next idea, let you learn from others and see how you stack up against your peers.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: April 2023 Party in the Back Podcast – Guests Amanda Greco, Ben Hill and Rob Wicall join the Party to discuss everything from figure skating, OREO cookies, off-beat promotions and the value of blowing your own horn.
- One Year Ago on the Party in the Back Podcast: May 2022 Party in the Back Podcast – This month on Party in the Back we party with Cyclones In-Game Host Jay Kruz and one-time co-host of the Gameops.com Podcast Pat Walker from 3 Point Productions.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: May 2018 Podcast – Rocket Sports Dominco Ciarallo and Pat Walker join the pod to talk about how to keep your mascot costume fresh, who the smelliest mascot is and using your local entertainment to brand your entertainment.
- Recap: Mega-Promotions with Todd Overton – Covering the half-court shot is just the beginning and Todd Overton fro FUGU explains how to make your next big indemnified prize promotion great.
- Todd Overton – Prize Indemnification – Big money prize pay-offs have spread through sports and now are a part of nearly every major event. Sponsors love the strong impressions, teams love the entertainment value, and fans love the drama.
- Concert-Goer Wins $25k for Basketball Shot – Famous gambler, basketball fan and Rapper adds big $$ prize shot to his show.
- OKC Pays Again from Halfcourt – OKC pays out another fan from half-court.
- The Calhoun Shot – wikipedia
- Cameron Hughes Online – cameronhughes.tv – Professional crowd igniter and inspirational speaker Cameron Hughes has one mission: energizing others to get up and live every experience to the fullest.
- King of Cheer by Cameron Hughes
FUGU Prize Indemnity removes the risk from large scale promotional events and sales promotions. This allows you to create a bigger and more compelling campaign, without exposing your bottom line.
Connect with Todd and Fugu here, email email@example.com or call 817-527-1801
A Creative Mission to Improve Giveaways
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.
The Party in the Back Podcast on Gameops.com – iTunes