This month on Party in the Back we party with Sierra Bailey the Vice President of Brand Marketing & Experience for the Saint Paul Saints.
Sierra puts the FU in the FUN side of sports marketing and exposes how the Saints use FUN to draw in baseball and non-baseball fans. She shares the step the Saints use to build their industry-standard promo calendar and their secrets to making promotions great. And, of course, native Minnesotan host Jon Cudo digs into the great Duck Duck Grey Duck debate as well.
Sierra then shares the background of their Ushertainers program, how they find fresh talent and what inspires these ballpark characters. Plus tons of stories from Sierra’s day-to-day life with one of minor league baseball’s most iconic franchises.
Then Rob Wicall returns to talk about mascot skits, how a bit can become a skit and they play another round of Real vs Fake Promotions leaning into the Saint calendar for inspiration.
It’s another @SunCountryAir Travel Tuesday! And our Ushertainers already have their bags packed for their next getaway. pic.twitter.com/HuW2iksf0r— St. Paul Saints (@StPaulSaints) September 7, 2021
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: This month on Party in the Back we party with Cyclones In-Game Host Jay Kruz and one-time co-host of the Gameops.com Podcast Pat Walker from 3 Point Productions.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Sixers CEO and Author Scott O’Neil joins the podcast to talk about his new book Be Where Your Feet Are. Plus Amanda Greco on mascot swaps, kid’s art and the collaboration between a Slam Poet and the ATL Dream.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Rob Wicall joins the pod to talk about honing your character. We look at the Mr Met story, the importance of taking breaks, and knowing how to train yourself to react in the moment.
- Sierra Bailey on Twitter, LinkedIn
- Funny In Theory Podcast with Sierra Bailey and Joshua Will
- Saint Paul Saints Entertainment Teams – Ushertainers
- “Saint Paul Saints” content on Gameops.com
- For the Fun of the Game Documentary (Amazon Link)
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.