On the One Year Anniversary of changing to the Party in the Back Podcast we invite the inspiration for the name change back to the show. Assistant AD at Penn State University Chris Grosse returns to talk about sports during and after the pandemic. He shares the success behind Penn States epic Virtual Tailgate promotion and he details why it’s important to help young sports marketing professionals in this difficult time. Lots of great insights from Chris.
Thank you to everyone who sent a message last week to help us virtually #PaintPegula!!— Penn State Men’s Hockey (@PennStateMHKY) April 28, 2020
After sorting through over 150 submissions we present you with our 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣ virtual ice painting!!
Zoom in and see if your message made it on the ice!! 👀#WeAre #HockeyValley pic.twitter.com/iRlZcc6Ack
Next we party with Anne Wright who spent years traveling the country helping NBA teams refine their game presentations. Anne helps us decide on the best Water Cooler moments from May. It’s a difficult process deciding between a two dogs, a skunk ape and a dance team but Anne makes the difficult decision after we discuss four great promotions.
Plus the backstory on a joke slipped in on last month’s podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: This month we Party with Matthew Riley who has guided for the Bakersfield Condors in all 21 years of the team’s existence. We talk about Girl Rock, Teddy Bear Toss, Delivering 6 Packs to Fans and Fortnite and how the team is pivoting during the Corona Virus lockdown. Matthew provides some insight into his Presidential Library and a personal story about beloved player Colby Cave who died last month at the age of 25. Then President of 3 Point Productions Pat Walker joins to look at the 2020 Water Cooler bracket. Pat reviews five of the best moments from April and settles in on the winner to advance in our giant bracket for 2020.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back’. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing. For over 8 years the Gameops.com Podcast was a monthly staple of the site, now we have rebranded the podcast with a new name. This month we get everyone up to speed with the change and where it came from with Rob Wicall as our focus group. Then we talk to Chris Grosse from Penn State University whose clever tweet was the Impetus for the name change. Chris also shares some sports marketing savvy and his Promotions 360, which is a technique to make your next idea all-encompassing.
- Chris Grosse’s Excellent Twitter Feed
- June 2015 Gameops.com Podcast with Anne Wright
- #PaintPegula Invitation Tweet
- PULSE: National Anthem
- Professor David Horowitz Connects Sports and History
- Twitter Giveaway
- Big Mama Pizza Toss
- New Mascot: The King of Keeping Away
- Little Dogs Serve Up Big Promo
- Wolves Dancers getting good at Zoom
- Busy Biscuit
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways.
Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. May calls feature Josh Sabo from the NBA Cavs/MLB Guardians discussing how to maximize your music bumper library and Jonny Greco from the Seattle Kraken looking at the 5 ‘E’s of an Experience. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.