This month on Party in the Back we party with the Grecos, Jonny and Amanda. Amanda is a long time event producer and game director in the NBA, NHL, WNBA and major events like the NCAA Basketball Tournament and Olympics. An expert in the field and always fun at a party.
Her lesser half is also a well-known industry leader. Jonny has criss-crossed the country producing world-class events with the Florida Marlins, Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Cavaliers, WWE, Vegas Golden Knights, MSG and Seattle Kraken.
Amanda and I planned a segment to discuss four promotional elements like stacking elements, fan-involvement, leading with an experience and mixing in a little whimsy…and Jonny hijacked the call to add in his notable insights. 😆 Actually this three-way dialogue was a great chance to break down what several teams are doing, why it works and how to make your next promotion even better.
We talked about Father’s Day promotions, including examples from the Durham Bulls, Charleston Dirty Birds and others. Then we looked at a playful promotion in Jacksonville that really made their fan base scream. Plus how minor league teams across Canada are drawing fans in with crowd-sourced elements.
GAME DAY!! It's a RED Shirt Friday with postgame FIREWORKS presented by @SnyderACJax Plus, everyone can get out a good yell as part of Cathartic Scream Night!— Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (@JaxShrimp) June 24, 2022
Gates open at 6pm
TICKETS: https://t.co/mR8ATDvXMo pic.twitter.com/606NIylg6J
Then the Greco’s stick around for another edition of Real or Fake. This time the battle for household supremacy was at stake as they try to identify the authenticity of promotions like GED Night and Horticulture Night.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast, and apologies for the lower-than-normal audio quality.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Saint Paul Saints VP Sierra Bailey and Rob Wicall join the podcast. Sierra shares the secret to putting the FU into your FUN promotions and how to run a marathon in-game while singing Karaoke (really).
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Charlotte Knights Nick Farmer is our guest to talk about a mascot stunt that turned heads and Amanda Greco returns to look at promos from the NFL, MLB and MILB.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Regulars Cameron Hughes and Ben Hill join for an irregular July Podcast.
- Opening Night Openers – The Opening Night Opener. Put your entire online schedule in fan’s hands with this opening night schedule giveaway alternative.
- We have migrated The Store on Gameops.com. We invite all the Party in the Back listeners to check out the new site. You can click The Store Logo in the header, or click here. Helpful tools like Chuck-a-Pucks, T-Shirt Launchers, Confetti and more await.
- Our PULSE articles are quick trips around sports asking Game Operations personnel a topical question. We bulk the answers together to showcase what’s happening at different levels and sports. We are currently building a new Pulse article covering Star Wars Nights. Please help us by taking a few minutes to complete a short survey on your Star Wars Night. Thank you!
- Fan Designed Sweaters Across Hockey – All across hockey fans are being asked to put on their designing caps.
- Spreading the Bucks All Around – Stacking elements can take your promotion from good to great, like the Monarchs, Storm Chasers, Bluejays and RubberDucks.
- AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH! – They promise you will feel better after this…Cathartic Scream Night in Jacksonville
- Full-On Dad Day Bonanza – Dad’s hit for the cycle this weekend with jokes, experiences, giveaways and special messages.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)