This month we Party in the Back with Nick Farmer from the Charlotte Knights. Nick was part of an innovative pre-game mascot bit that earned a lot of attention for Homer the Dragon. We talk about the birth of the idea, execution and the results.
Secured the Castle while the Knights were busy tonight 💂♂️🇬🇧 pic.twitter.com/RtFto6VST1— Homer the Dragon (@CLTKnightsHomer) June 4, 2021
Then Amanda Greco is back to smarten up our host Jon Cudo with a “What Did I Miss” moment from the New York Yankees that was 60 years in the making. Jon and Amanda also look at promotions from the Washington Football Team and El Paso Chihuahuas.
Cudo and Amanda also talk about the new Mighty Game Ops Network that launches this month from Gameops.com, previewing three big “Huddle Calls” with Greg Monaco, Todd Bosma and Rob Wicall coming this month.
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Sixers CEO and Author Scott O’Neil joins the podcast to talk about his new book Be Where Your Feet Are. Plus Amanda Greco on mascot swaps, kid’s art and the collaboration between a Slam Poet and the ATL Dream.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Glenn Street joins the Party to discuss his journey from mascot to costumer, a new product designed to sanitize costumes and an important mascot tip for performers to keep at top of mind.The MiLB scribe Benjamin Hill looks at the season we are missing in Minor League Baseball. Ben notes some top promotions he’s missing and picks the Water Cooler Moment of the Month.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: The July Podcast with Benjamin Hill, Mark Labban and Matt Heuer. Ben checks in from Appalachia, Mark talks about the upcoming Promotional Seminar, and Matt Heuer explains the devil in the details.
- Making Smiles in El Paso – Take you time, pull out and tell the full story. Great scoreboard cam from El Paso shows the way to get fans to smile.
- Washington’s Organic Meme Generator – Washington Football engages fans and lets them create the FUN with this instant meme post.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. December calls feature Zoltan Berensci from the World-Famous Harlem Globetrotters and mascot prop call with Jeph Harris and more on the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.