The July podcast features MILB.com writer Benjamin Hill. Best known for staking out the ownership stake on the google term “Ben’s Biz” (try it), Ben joins us from Johnson City Tennessee and shares the scoop from his latest tour of the Appalachian League.
Mark Labban, also from Minor League Baseball, joins the podcast to talk about the upcoming 2016 Minor League Baseball Promotional Seminar. The Seminar is a best practices seminar allowing visitors to network, socialize, and discuss their promotional successes. See more on the September 27-29th Seminar here. http://promo.milb.net/2016/index.aspx
Finally Matt Heuer the Creative Director from 3 Point Productions drops in with one of his #TuesdayTips. These tips help focus your efforts on creating the show possible in sports with valuable insight from the crew at 3 Point Production. This month Matt explains the value of looking for all the little details that can elevate your show.
Cudo wraps with a look back at our July 2011 Podcast.
Related Links and mentions from the show:
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/rss/rss.xml
We welcome your feedback on the show. Thoughts, suggestions, or requested topics. We are listening!
Show Notes and Mentions
For the first time, I have also included some time codes for topics due in part to the complaints submitted by Mick Rowan.
- 1:30 Mark Labban joins.
- 4:00 Mark explains Around the Horn segment focusing on Revenue Generation…100 different ideas.
- 11:15 Ben Hill Joins from Tennessee
- 14:00 Cudo makes an awkward Minnesota Twins reference
- 15:00 Ben discusses the strengths of the Appalachian League
- 24:00 Ben and Cudo talk Human Cannonball vs Human Torch (aka Man on Fire)
- 24:45 Ben comes out against Middle-Aged Bald Midwestern Men
- 28:00 Matt Heuer joins for the #TuesdayTip
- 32:00 Cudo looks back at the 5 years ago podcast, including Scott Carter, dance teams place in sports and a shout out to Scott Hesington.
Thanks to drunkdude69 for our fancy bumper music.
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.