January’s Party in the Back Podcast features two guests in rewind. First we dial up Jeff Munneke, VP of Fan Engagement from the Minnesota Timberwolves. Jeff joined us on the September 2022 Party in the Back Podcast and shared plans for a new initiative in Minneapolis focused on creating random acts of kindness at games. The Wolves focus on listening drove them to create the “Wolves Assist” team allowing the team to act on what they heard. We get caught up on the early feedback from the new program. Munneke also shares a program where the Wolves are able to honor their game staff during halftime of every game, which has proven success for staff engagement and motivation.
Upgrades for the mom and son duo & Tenzin’s 17th birthday! 🥳 pic.twitter.com/5sNHFmS5dL— Wolves Assist (@WolvesAssist) December 8, 2022
Also in the rewind, we invited Jon Long the Director of Game Presentation for the Newfoundland Growlers back. Jon was our guest on the November 2022 Party in the Back Podcast where he talked about losing mascot performer Chris Abbott, who passed away after over 27 years performing at Buddy the Puffin. Jon and the Growlers have been working to relaunch their mascot program since last February and he rejoins us to share how the reboot went. Long shares the thoughtfulness that guided the team and put them back in a position to make smiles, moments and memories for their fans.
Finally, Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes jumps in to make sure 2023 kicks off with a bang. Cameron and host Jon Cudo share some of their success from 2022, including some iconic Cameron moments and some podcast highlights. The duo discusses the value of listening to the crowd over just performing for them and how a great sports experience builds community and makes fans feel alive.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast:A Roundtable Discussion regarding the Best of 2022 Awards on Gameops.com. Host Jon Cudo is joined by three industry insiders who take the party to the next level. Featuring Amanda Greco, Ben Hill and Rich Meyers.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Crowd Igniter Cameron Hughes considers if he can FEEL a promotion and Paintjam’s Dan Dunn talks about the origins of his show….and make-up sex.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Mascot turned Author Zach Hall and Entertainer Rob Wicall join the January 2018 Podcast.
- A puffin returns: Buddy the Puffin Jr makes his debut for the Newfoundland Growlers
- Buddy the Puffin Junior Debut Sparks Emotional Response
- Buddy the Puffin Jr on Twitter
- ROBERT: NEWFOUNDLAND GROWLERS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BUDDY THE PUFFIN
- Death of man behind Buddy the Puffin mascot leaves N.L. fans, families ‘heartbroken’
- Condolences Pour In for Christopher “Abbo” Abbott, Known as Buddy the Puffin
- November 2022 Party in the Back Podcast – A special edition of the podcast with guest Jon Long from the Newfoundland Growlers. Jon talks about the tragic loss of mascot performer Chris Abbott who passed away after over 27 years performing at Buddy the Puffin. We discuss how the team and community is moving forward in the wake of the loss. Plus Ben Hill on the year in Minor League Baseball.
- September 2022 Party in the Back Podcast – This month we Party with Timberwolves VP of Fan Experience Jeff Munneke. Munn shares the Wolves plans for random acts of kindness, the importance of listening to your fan base and the value of a good swim cap. Plus a dose of crowd igniter Cameron Hughes.
- Join Gameops.com Plus – Gameops.com Plus is our network to enhance fan value and spark your creative game ops mind. Join now with our one month free trial.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- 2:25 – Jeff Munneke VP of Fan Engagement Minnesota Timberwolves
- 18:10 – Jon Long Director of Game Presentation for the Newfoundland Growlers
- 33:15 – Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.