This month on Party in the Back we party with Cameron Hughes and Paintjam’s Dan Dunn.
Cameron and Host Jon Cudo talk about four recent promotions from the Rapid City Rush, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Saint Louis Blues and Dallas Stars. We explore a question Cameron asks about promotions, “Can you feel it?” In other words, how can you elevate your promotion to evoke an emotional response from fans?
Great insights from Cameron discussing the value created when emotion is attached to a performance, game element or theme.
They also talk about the value of promotions that speak directly to your town. We look at market-specific promotions like the Rush’s Dances With Wolves, Deer Widow Night in Muskegon and even the Best of 2021 award-winning promotion Wonder’s Night from the Erie SeaWolves.
Then the party continues with Dan Dunn who shares the origins of the Paintjam! Show, what’s next for this multi-generational show and make-up sex (yes, really!). It’s a rollicking 20 minutes with the entertaining artist that you won’t want to miss.
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: A Roundtable Discussion regarding the Best of 2021 Awards on Gameops.com. Host Jon Cudo is joined by three industry giants who take the party to the next level.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Host Jon Cudo is joined by Tyler Scheuer star of Tyler’s Amazing Balancing Act, Emperor of Fun David Raymond and Game Presentation wiz Amanda Greco. It’s a balanced discussion about touring acts, whether mascots should wear masks, Joe Biden’s hair and playing Simon Sez via Zoom. In other words, it is a Party you won’t want to miss.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Abby Naas from the Columbia Fireflies and World-Record Holder Juggling Josh Horton join Jon Cudo on the January 2017 Podcast.
- Paintjam! Entertainment Act Page – Give Dan Dunn a stage and the PaintJam begins. America’s Speed Painting Sensation!
- Cameron Hughes Twitter, Instagram and website
- Cameron Hughes Entertainment Act Page – Cameron Hughes wants you to JUST GET UP and live every experience to the fullest.
- January 2020 Party in the Back Podcast – The Party in the Back Podcast with host Jon Cudo. Cudo is joined by David Raymond and Cameron Hughes.
- Gameops.com Plus – A network to enhance the fan value of events.
- Gameops.com Plus Huddle Recaps – Game operations and entertainment in sports is a growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. These posts are recaps of our weekly Huddle calls on Gameops.com Plus.
- Rapid City Dances with Wolves – Rapid City Rush tap into the local history with a great night of entertainment thoughtful use of celebrity and local resources.
- Blues Find a Replacement for their Popular Anthem Singer – Blues have met the challenge of replacing their popular anthem singer with a great solution. And the fans love it.
- Dallas Fights for Fans – Stars Fight Cancer and extend the promotion outside the arena with a simple social post.
- Fist Bumping Experience – Swamp Rabbits create unique experiences for fans to help drive group sales.
- Deer Widows Night – Mourning widows targeted for hockey promotion.
- That Thing They Did in Erie – Erie ensures their promotion isn’t a one hit wonder with a big roll-out and a big photo gallery to share their success with fans.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. January calls feature Cameron Hughes and guests from #TagBoard on the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.