We start 2021 with a bang including three great guest for a Party in the Back. mazing Balancing Act. Tyler talks about his start, how many thing he has dropped (he keep count), the dangers of prosthetic legs and how his show will look different post-pandemic.
Next we party with the Emperor of Fun David Raymond. David explains what happens when Delaware’s two most famous residents meet and how to get into the Mascot Hall of Fame (or at least near it). But the important part of the interview was the question of whether or not your mascot should be wearing a mask while performing. His answer might surprise you, but it will certainly make you think more about how your character is presented during the pandemic.
Finally, everyones favorite chick from Seattle (this is how Amanda Greco has demanded we introduce her) joins the Party. Amanda is an expert in Game Presentation and she drops some wisdom on how to present you host in-game, especially in regards to wearing a mask. We introduce a new segment called “What Did We Miss?” and discuss the value in alternate ways to present a pandemic safe Teddy Bear Toss.
- Last Month on the Podcast: A Roundtable Discussion regarding the Best of 2020 Awards on Gameops.com. Host Jon Cudo is joined by three industry giants who take the party to the next level.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Power of Fun Author David Raymond shares what he learned from his legendary mascot career about the Power of Fun and how to use that in your life. Then Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes joins to tear a few shirts off and talk about a new Water Cooler review.
- Steve Max – Simon Sez
- Tyler’s Amazing Balancing Act
- Amazing Tyler’s Website – Tyler Scheuer’s unique, high-energy performance has been wowing crowds for a decade.
- Bear Toss Alternatives
- Pandemic Bear Success Story
- Teddy Bear Tweak
- PULSE: Teddy Bear Toss
- BirdZerk! and ZOOperstars!
- January 2017 Podcast – Abby Naas from the Columbia Fireflies and World-Record Holder Juggling Josh Horton.
- Mascot Hall of Fame Buy a Brick – The Mascot Hall of Fame ‘Buy a Brick’ Program was created to preserve your past and help the MHOF pave our future! Funds raised will be used toward achieving our education-focused initiatives such as enhancing our S.T.E.A.M.-based programming, developing new exhibits, and hosting family-fun, special events that celebrate the unsung heroes of sports.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Rob Wicall, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. November calls feature Mega-Promotions with Todd Overton from Fugu, Home Field Advantage with Jackie Maldonado and Andrew Johnson from the Houston Texans and a Roundtable where our members will workshop their own ideas with the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.