Power of Fun Author David Raymond shares what he learned from his legendary mascot career about the Power of Fun and how to use that in your life. Then Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes joins to tear a few shirts off and talk about a new Water Cooler review.
David talks about how mascot bits can become institutionalized for your character to provide continuity for fans and repeatable content. Shares some thoughts about Caroll Spinney and relates how one of his early leaders at the Phillies set the tone for understanding how powerful fun can be. Cudo and Raymond also look at how David Stern reshaped the NBA expansion era with an interjection of fun and entertainment.
Great insights for mascots, show producers, people who work with talent and those who want to inject more fun into their world.
David asked “Where is the Fun” and then Cameron Hughes asks “Can you Feel it?” related to great promotions and elements.
- Last Month on the Podcast: The Party in the Back Podcast holds a Roundtable Discussion regarding the Best of 2019 Awards on Gameops.com. Host Jon Cudo is joined by Amanda Greco, Pat Walker and Ben Hill.
- Power of Fun on Amazon.com
- Cameron Hughes on Twitter
- David Raymond on Twitter
- The Wisdom of Big Bird by Caroll Spinney
- David Raymond’s TED Talk Released
- June 2018 Podcast – with David Raymond
- February 2017 Podcast – with David Raymond
- May 2016 Podcast – with David Raymond
- May 2014 Podcast – with David Raymond
- Phillie Phanatic Mascot Tips
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.