Halftime Act, Juggling Gold Medalist and World-Record Holder Josh Horton talks about juggling, halftime performance, and combat juggling.
Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations for the Columbia Fireflies Abby Naas shares some thoughts on their award-winning Purple Game Purple Game Promotion from 2016. She also discusses her journey in minor league baseball, a new exciting promotion for 2017 and sourcing “pinkish” berets from Poland.
Cudo talks about the re-launch of the Blog and nominates a mascot for the Best of 2017 awards.
Click to play, or right click to download the audio file
Related Links and mentions from the show:
- The Gameops.com Blog
- Juggling Josh on IG
- Juggling Josh on Twitter
- Columbia Fireflies
- Abby Naas on Twitter
Visit us on iTunes for our full library of Podcast Episodes.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/rss/rss.xml
We welcome your feedback on the show. Thoughts, suggestions, or requested topics. We are listening!
Show Notes and Mentions
Time codes for topics due in part to the complaints submitted by Mick Rowan.
- 1:00 – Josh Horton Introduction
- 3:30 Josh finds out he wasn’t the best juggler in the world
- 7:00 Building and perfecting a halftime show
- 9:00 Dabbing
- 9:45 The pursuit of World Records
- 11:30 The Juggling Community and collaborating with others
- 13:15 The rise of Combat Juggling
- 16:30 Blog and Gameops.com Update
- 17:50 Abby Naas from the Columbia Fireflies joins
- 19:45 Her experience in Fort Wayne
- 21:30 Abby starting in Columbia and building the franchise
- 24:00 Purple Game Purple Game Discussion
- 25:45 Abby confuses Poland with a second-hand Store
- 29:30 Pancake eating and adding more to a promotion
- 30:30 Total Eclipse of the Park promotion details
- 35:55 Jon and Abby talk about people who don’t know what’s going on in the world
- 37:50 Abby share the scoop on the All-Star game
- 39:00 5 years ago on the podcast review
- 39:30 Best of Nomination for Philly Phanatic for 2017
- 40:45 Bonus content
Thanks to drunkdude69 for our fancy bumper music.