New from Gameops.com, we are introducing a series of Social Media Promotions (ePromos). We have insights on execution as well as resources and tools to create these social media promotions. [See also our Twitter Giveaway]
Our first is an Instagram Comment Giveaway Program. At first glance a contest like this seems easy to run and operate, but to keep it scalable (if you have hundreds or thousands of respondents) and authentic (complete with a Certificate of Validity to confirm the giveaway has been run once only and completely at random) you are going to be well served to have help.
Comment based giveaways are the best way to increase social media engagement and this promotion can help spur strong interactions with your fanbase.
We are going to look at an example from La Croix. The brand launched a comment based Instagram Giveaway to celebrate the #PayItForwardDay. The brand asked their audience to mention a friend who would also like to win a yoga mat. 50 random winners and their friends got their hands on a new La Croix yoga mat.
This promotion will increase engagement, augment brand awareness, and grow your audience. Followers participate by commenting on the posts and mentioning the determined number of friends in the comments section. Winners are selected in an automatic, random and transparent way.
Here is their post.
View this post on Instagram
As noted, you could do a similar promotion on a smaller scale, but our promotion allows you to tap into some powerful benefits.
- Import all the comments from your Instagram giveaway posts – with no limit on participants. Download a list of usernames and comments as an Excel file. (Not available for comments on Instagram TV.)
- Filter comments by date, hashtag, or mention – Ask users to include specific hashtags in their comments, or tag a minimum number of friends. Set a deadline for the giveaway and exclude all comments after this date.
- Pick a winner on Instagram – Select up to 1,000 winners with our random prize draw app. Pick alternates in case you have to disqualify any winners, or can’t contact them. Test the prize draw before you announce the final winners.
- Announce the winners – Announce the winners of your Instagram giveaway with a customized webpage. Share a public, permanent Certificate of Validity which proves that the prize draw was fair.
- Run giveaways on sponsored posts – Include up to 10 different posts in a single giveaway. Run Instagram giveaways based on sponsored posts and dark posts to attract new followers and engagement.
- Get set up in minutes
- Import all the comments from one or more Instagram posts MORE INFO
- Pick winners and alternates at random
- Exclude or blacklist users
- Filter comments by hashtag, mention, or date
- Get a Certificate of Validity for your giveaway
- Test the app before you pick a final winner
- Run multiple giveaways from the same post (additional costs apply)
- Announce the winners with a customized web page, with a customized video in your posts and Stories.
- Notify winners automatically
- Verify winners and collect contact details with the Claim Your Prize feature
- Manage disqualifications and alternate winners
- Create and host terms and conditions
- Export a list of users and comments to an Excel file
- Export a list of winners and contact details to an Excel file
Your promotion’s call to action can be anything you can dream up. For example use your team’s hash tag with a call out to fans to tag who they’d love to watch games with. Assign the prizes you want to give away and you are off and running.
There are are three ways you can get started on your next great Instagram ePromotion.
- Start a promotional manually, without the benefits of filtering, gathering data and an easy-to-execute program.
- Use the Services of EasyPromos, which include monthly charge to run social media contests and promotions like this. Use this link for details… and, YOUR FIRST INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY IS FREE!
- Use the form below and let us help you run this promotion. We work with you planning and creating the promotion and then we do the work and run the promotion for you.
For more details and an example of this promotion in action, click this next page for our complete example from Cyclist Toms Skujins.