New Year Eve is a game night tradition in some markets, including AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins.
Despite the pandemic lockout the Griffins found a way to connect with fans. The team maintained their NYE tradition in 2021 with a Virtual Celebration.
NYE TRADITION CONTINUES
Griffins Hockey on New Year’s Eve is a West Michigan staple, going all the way back to 1996!
On December 31 at 7:00 p.m., join Griffins PA announcer, Eric Zane, as he keeps the tradition alive by counting down the top 5 Griffins moments of 2020 – all ending with our annual indoor fireworks show.
Great use of their social media channels and the team produced an entertaining 18 minute show. The video featured a lot of behind the scenes footage with player and highlights from last year. It ends with the same tradition from years past, an on-ice fireworks display.
We have been looking at teams keeping traditions alive, like the Teddy Bear Toss. While teams are dark it is more important that ever to find connection points and remind fans of the fun and value of game. This video from the Griffins does exactly that.
- Teddy Bear Tweak – Teams are adapting to new rules and safety measures for the popular Teddy Bear Toss.
- Marksmen Big Virtual Night – Fayetteville’s hockey team is on hiatus, but that didn’t stop them from producing a full show for their fans with this Virtual Opening Night.
- Pandemic Bear Success Story – The Griffins wisely celebrate their success of a drive thru Teddy Bear Toss.
- Bear Toss Alternatives – Thunderbirds and Stingrays give two examples of pandemic alternatives for the touch-free Teddy Bear Toss.
- Staying Connected – Fans won’t forget that when times were hard and you were struggling you still found time for your shared community.
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. May calls feature Josh Sabo from the NBA Cavs/MLB Guardians discussing how to maximize your music bumper library and Jonny Greco from the Seattle Kraken looking at the 5 ‘E’s of an Experience. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.