This month on Party in the Back we party with Rob Wicall and Kevin Shiflett.
Cudo and Wicall discuss what the best game entertainment elements are and how important building your show around one. They look the various roles these performers fill and structuring your show to best utilize each.
Plus a look at three Water Cooler posts including mascots skating the dugout in New Hampshire, an organic group of fans growing in Iowa, and a winning promotion for the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. And they discuss how the Water Cooler and new Giveaway page can help spark ideas for your show.
We close with a short audio story from touring act Kevin Shiflett and how he customizes his Chin Balancing show for teams.
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Crowd Igniter Cameron Hughes considers if he can FEEL a promotion and Paintjam’s Dan Dunn talks about the origins of his show….and make-up sex.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Savannah Bananas owner Jesse Cole joins the Party in the Back podcast. Jesse is the author of “Find Your Yellow Tux” and the engine behind the fun for minor league baseball’s wildest show. The Bananas have sold out every game since their first season and now have a waiting list in the thousands. Plus Rob Wicall on Kid’s Day promotions and fan cutouts.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Rob Wicall and David Raymond join Cudo for the February Podcast. We talk about making moments and steps to improve mascot skit generation.
- Kevin Shiflett – The Amazing Chin Balancer – Chairs to ladders, bikes to wheelbarrows this halftime act can balance the attention of your crowd on his chin. Meet Kevin Shiflett – The Amazing Chin Balancer.
- Circus Time Outs – You can keep adding more entertainment elements to a time out, but eventually they will have less of an effect in producing desired results. Read why and how to fix it.
- #ODR in New Hampshire is Mascot Delight – Baseball mascots show their hockey chops on makeshift ODR in New Hampshire.
- Trash Pile in the Heartland – An organic Trash Pile is starting to burn in the Heartland.
- A Win for Local Designers, Fans and Team – The Jumbo Shrimp WIN big with this design contest and t-shirt giveaway. See how they pull fans in and everyone is a winner.
- The new Giveaways Page on Gameops.com. Spark some new ideas by looking at over 100 examples of giveaway items from sports teams.
- Gameops.com Plus – A network to enhance the fan value of events.
- Gameops.com Plus Huddle Recaps – Game operations and entertainment in sports is a growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. These posts are recaps of our weekly Huddle calls on Gameops.com Plus.
- Recap: Using Dancers Effectively with Claire Czerniuk – Pistons’ Claire Czerniuk shared how her background as a performer has helped elevate the Pistons Dance and Entertainment Teams.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zach Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed topics from developing talent to building a home-field advantage. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.