Savannah Bananas owner Jesse Cole joins the Party in the Back podcast. Jesse is the author of “Find Your Yellow Tux” and the engine behind the fun for minor league baseball’s wildest show. The Bananas have sold out every game since their first season and now have a waiting list in the thousands.
The sellouts and world-wide interest have been spawned by creative and outlandish ideas like Grandma Beauty pageants, dancing player breaks, players in kilts, Salute to Underwear Night, a Dad Bod Cheer team and a Banana Nanas Dance Team.
Jesse talks about their “Fans First” mantra and focus on entertainment that shapes every decision they make. We look at the lessons he learned from PT Barnum, Walt Disney and Bill Veeck. Cole discusses how giving the green light to the craziest ideas empowers everyone to be their creative best.
We also talk about Banana Ball and the One City World Tour the Bananas have planned for 2021 in this can’t miss podcast edition.
Rob Wicall then joins the Party. Host Jon Cudo and Wicall talk about the recent NFL Kid’s Game show and how that might refocus how teams build their Kid’s Day Promotion. Then Rob shares what we might have missed with hockey and basketball team ramping up their use of cardboard cutouts during the pandemic.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Host Jon Cudo is joined by Tyler Scheuer star of Tyler’s Amazing Balancing Act, Emperor of Fun David Raymond and Game Presentation wiz Amanda Greco. It’s a balanced discussion about touring acts, whether mascots should wear masks, Joe Biden’s hair and playing Simon Sez via Zoom. In other words, it is a Party you won’t want to miss.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Rob Wicall joins host Jon Cudo to talk about in-game tributes on the heels of Kobe Bryant’s untimely passing, making your fans wait and the best Water Cooler Moments of January.
- Savannah Bananas
- Savannah Bananas Twitter
- More on Jesse Cole
- Find Your Yellow Tux: How to Be Successful by Standing Out
- myfanseats.com – Supporting your favorite team with a custom Fan Cutout that will be placed in your team’s stadium or arena during games that restrict in-person attendance.
- Marksmen Big Virtual Night
- Letting Kids REALLY Takeover
- Glimpse of the Future in San Fran
- High Five – Detroit Pistons
- Permission to Fail
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.