With most of North America on lock-down from the COVID-19 Virus most teams are turning to social media to stay connected and engaged with fans. This week we look at both social media efforts to stay connected with fans AND we lay out a challenge for any and all mascots to drive content while informing and enforcing the importance of Doing the Five.
The “Do the Five” campaign raises awareness of simple measures people can take to slow the spread of the disease, according to the WHO. Millions have seen the message, but using mascot platforms you can amplify the message and stress its importance to fans. Here it is:
And here is our challenge for mascots across North America:
Send your fans a fun, creative, memorable message that enforces and promotes DO THE FIVE. It can be a video, text, photos or whatever you can dream up. Post on Twitter, Facebook or IG with the #MascotsDoThe5 and tag us at @gameopsdotcom. We will be selecting winners on Friday March 27th after 5pm EST.
- 3 winning posts will be selected
- Prizes include: $100 on The Store at Gameops.com and (two) $25 Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- A panel of our Podcast Regulars will select the winners.
- Post must include #MascotsDoThe5
- Please tag @gameopsdotcom so we don’t miss your post
- You may link to the WHO page: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
We have used out considerable influence to ask one of our local mascots for an example post to start us off. (Note: this post will not be eligible, sorry Moondog).
View this post on Instagram
Spread the WORD, not the VIRUS. #DoTheFive! Find them all here. 1. Zoom in on my HANDS. 2. Look closely at my ELBOW. 3. Now my handsome FACE. 4. Check my jersey trim on my neck, and then 5. Look up in the rafters. Now Do The Five! Spread the Word! Lead the way. For more Google: “Do The Five” #mascotsdothe5