The OKC Blue had a lot planned for their Hispanic Heritage Night.
Team will celebrate NBA fans and players across Latin American and U.S. Hispanic communities
The Oklahoma City Thunder will hold Hispanic Heritage Night on March 13, as part of the NBA’s Noches éne•bé•a, which recognizes the growing support of NBA fans and players across Latin American and U.S. Hispanic communities. The game will include pregame festivities throughout the arena and in-game features of Hispanic cultures.
- Before the game Mariachi Orgullo de America will be roaming throughout the concourse
- A mural painted by local artist Tank Ramirez will be revealed in the arena
- The Ballet Folclórico Xochipilli will perform prior to the game.
- Father Cristobal De Loera from Saint James Catholic Church will lead the invocation
- Members from Capitol Hill High School Navy JROTC will present the colors.
- The national anthem will be performed by Alexis Luna, the current Reina Hispana de Oklahoma.
- All Thunder home game are broadcast in Spanish on WKY 930 AM ESPN Deportes with Eleno Ornelas.
- The Spanish language radio broadcast of all home games can also be heard via the secondary audio program (SAP) on Fox Sports Oklahoma’s Thunder TV broadcast.
Join us tonight at the Cox Convention Center for Hispanic Heritage Night as your #OKCBlue hosts the Texas Legends!
— Oklahoma City Blue (@okcblue) January 23, 2020
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics.
Coming in November “Upping your Appearance Game with Kenn Solomon and Jon Cudo” (11/9 1pm EST) and “Excellence in Live Event Hosting with Greg Hutson” (11/22 1pm EST).