The OKC Blue had a lot planned for their Hispanic Heritage Night.
Team will celebrate NBA fans and players across Latin American and U.S. Hispanic communities
The Oklahoma City Thunder will hold Hispanic Heritage Night on March 13, as part of the NBA’s Noches éne•bé•a, which recognizes the growing support of NBA fans and players across Latin American and U.S. Hispanic communities. The game will include pregame festivities throughout the arena and in-game features of Hispanic cultures.
- Before the game Mariachi Orgullo de America will be roaming throughout the concourse
- A mural painted by local artist Tank Ramirez will be revealed in the arena
- The Ballet Folclórico Xochipilli will perform prior to the game.
- Father Cristobal De Loera from Saint James Catholic Church will lead the invocation
- Members from Capitol Hill High School Navy JROTC will present the colors.
- The national anthem will be performed by Alexis Luna, the current Reina Hispana de Oklahoma.
- All Thunder home game are broadcast in Spanish on WKY 930 AM ESPN Deportes with Eleno Ornelas.
- The Spanish language radio broadcast of all home games can also be heard via the secondary audio program (SAP) on Fox Sports Oklahoma’s Thunder TV broadcast.
Join us tonight at the Cox Convention Center for Hispanic Heritage Night as your #OKCBlue hosts the Texas Legends!
— Oklahoma City Blue (@okcblue) January 23, 2020
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.