This month on the Party in the Back podcast Ben Hill from MILB joins the party to look at the news in minor league baseball. Big changes took place in the off-season including a realignment of team affiliations and a loss of 40 teams, Ben talks about what happened and how the landscape has changed.
Host Jon Cudo and Ben Hill then hold a mock draft of MLB teams by the strength of their affiliates’ promotional reputation, which was a great way to get Ben to talk about 20+ minor league teams.
- Colorado Rockies – Isotopes, Yard Goats, Indians, Grizzlies
- Minnesota Twins – Saints, Surge, Kernels, Mighty Mussels
- Philadelphia Phillies – IronPigs, Fightin’ Phils, BlueClaws, Threshers
- Miami Marlins – Jumbo Shrimp, Blue Wahoos, Snappers, Hammerheads
- Tampa Rays – Bulls, Biscuits, Hot Rods, RiverDogs
- Washington Nationals – Red Wings, Senators, Blue Rocks, Nationals
And we cover the really important stuff.
View this post on Instagram
Then Rob Wicall joins the party to talk about what I missed last month, a promotion in Wheeling and color-shifting Benny the Bull. Rob and Jon also discuss this month’s feature on the Milwaukee Admirals.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Lara Smedley from My Fan Seats shifts from successful event business to pandemic cardboard fan cutouts with warp speed. We talk about the four ways cutouts are reshaping sports, plus creative ways teams are utilizing the cutouts. Plus Simon Sez Steve Max and Amanda Greco.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Social Media thought-leader Tariq Ahmad thinks out loud with host Jon Cudo on successful social media during the lockdown. Plus Cameron Hughes joins to talk about cheering alone, connecting while distant and he votes in the unique March winner for the 2020 Water Cooler Bracket.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Cudo with Cameron Hughes and David Raymond join Editor Jon Cudo for the April Podcast. Cameron works through a final four of highlighted promotions, then Raymond talks about starting a mascot program and the new Clippers program.
- Boolean Promotions in Wheeling
- Making Sense of a Green Bull
- Finding Ben Hill
- High Five – Milwaukee Admirals
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. May calls feature Josh Sabo from the NBA Cavs/MLB Guardians discussing how to maximize your music bumper library and Jonny Greco from the Seattle Kraken looking at the 5 ‘E’s of an Experience. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.